Simpler Times is a leading technology solutions provider in the death care space. We highly value our relationship with our online partners and visitors, respecting the privacy of all parties involved. To that end, all personal information will always be protected and will never be sold to third parties.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We Do with this Information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
HOW WE USE SERVICE AND OBITUARY INFORMATION
We allow service and obituary information to be shared across our trusted networks and affiliated websites such as affiliated newspapers and funeral homes, to help reach further in helping extended family and friends to be notified. Our goal is to enhance your searching, information and fulfillment experience with us through convenient and timely services. By submitting this personal information to us, you are consenting to its use and disclosure for the following purposes:
- Extend your comments, condolences and tributes to the families being served.
- Meeting safety, security, legal and regulatory requirements;
- Providing you with general service and business partner information.
- Conducting market analysis to better serve you in the future.
- Maintaining the accuracy of our records, in order to facilitate customer service requests and support general client communications.
If these intended uses are not reasonably obvious from the circumstances in which personal information is collected, we will provide you with an opportunity to withhold your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of the information. For example, we will give you an opportunity to tell us not to use for marketing purposes the contact information that you provide us when registering for a service. Keep in mind, however, that there are limited situations in which applicable laws require or allow us, our affiliates, suppliers, business partners and our dealers to collect, use/disclose personal information without consent. They include, for example, safety and law enforcement or compliance activities.